Sunday, October 07, 2007

ANT “BAGOONG”

by Wilna Memorial

I really hate ants, their bite sucks, they make my hairs go up and they go eat and rumble all over my pot of rice. But their perseverance and the way they help each other won’t be denied. Those are the qualities that everyone will admire.
So when I found out that they are collected, cooked and made into “bagoong” I didn’t know if I’ll be happy or not. I’ll be happy because cooking ants and putting them into fire serve as their punishment for biting us, and sad because the population of industrious beings in this world will decrease.

Eating “bagoong” ants is not that easy, you’ll think many times if these insects are really edible to eat or not. Well, it’s edible I’ve tasted and ate it with dried mangoes. It’ really “bagoong” but this is not made of small fishes, rather it’s made of big ants. I ate the dried mangoes with this kind of “bagoong” but only tasted few, because my mind was set in the fact that I was eating the insects that I hate. The insects that make my hairs go up, I was glad my hairs didn’t went up while I was eating the insects.

It’s good to eat odd foods, you’ll experience eating never before imagined foods and enjoy the idea that you are lucky among all other people because you have tasted foods that only few or no one has ever tasted, just like ant “bagoong”. I believe that only few know that ants can be made into “bagoong”. Experience what you haven’t eat and enjoy each moment they’re in your mouth because you may not see or taste it the next time around


No comments: