Sunday, October 07, 2007

The Invented Food Series: Kapampangan Pork Sisig

By Tiffany Margaux Teofilo





So being a kapampangan, I am expected to make a hell of a sisig. The funny thing is- I think I do. ha! But the thing is it is not what you see being served on fancy restaurants, because this is how I cook when I just feel the craving for sisig. This is kapampangan sisig- tiffany style! The standard way to cook kapampangan sisig is have the pork grilled. But since I'm just a simple student, well, this is how I do it.

ingredients:
1/2 kilo pork
20 pcs. calamansi, squeezed
2 pieces white onion, diced
red chili to taste
fish sauce, to taste
water
cooking oil

Procedure
1. boil the pork in water, put in some fish sauce in the water, and leave until water evaporates.
2. when all water evaporates, pour in cooking oil to fry the pork until cook
3. chop the pork in very small pieces until smaller than bite size
4. mix in the calamansi, add the onions and add more salt if you want to.
5. put in the chili

Voila, it's my very own easy to do grill free sisig!

Note: Photo from Noriesta.com


No comments: