Thursday, October 04, 2007

SANTOL SISIG



By Paola Zinnia T. Sager

Sisig is a Philippine dish made from parts of pig’s head and intestines and usually seasoned with kalamansi or chili peppers. But have you actually heard of sisig which is made from santol?

I first tasted santol sisig when my friend cooked one for our lunch. That was after our church service last month. At a first glance, it looks like just an ordinary sisig with chili peppers and onions. But when I tasted it, the sour and spicy taste left my mouth asking for more!

I was amazed when she revealed that the sisig was made from santol. It is out of the ordinary cooking, but it tastes really great! The sour taste of the santol together with the spice of chili peppers made me drool! I even ate it without rice.

I asked her how she made it. She said it was just the ordinary cooking of sisig, only that you will replace the meat with santol. You better try it!
Paola Zinnia T. Sager

2 comments:

marifi jara-villegas, instructor said...

very interesting... can imagine this would go nicely with grilled fish :)

Mimi said...

Hi! did she use only the flesh part of the santol? what about the seeds?